Monday, December 7, 2015

To sum this up....

I've been abandoned at the office by the assitants to be companions with the senior couple.
So... I've got a little extra time this week to write.  Good, because this is the last one.  Next week, I won't send out a general email because I won't have much time, though I will answer on maybe a few personal ones.

Let's start!
This week was great!

So far, I've gotten the opportunities to listen to a General Authority speak 4 times, and got to be involved in several different interviews and interactions with members of the church.  This has been a great week for training, learning, and growing!
Gotta love Mission Conference Weeks.

The only downside is that they tear us out of our area for awhile....
I was pulled out of my area for a little bit longer, because President Rizley wanted me to help out with some of the workload on the assistant's shoulders.  Elder Kacher of the seventy came to visit, and it was a real big to-do.  So... I've been back in L'viv since wednesday, and I'm going home (to Khmelnitsky) tomorrow on a train.  By myself.  Weird.

That being said, I've had the chance to stop by two part member families that I worked with while I was serving here just a month ago.  It was really great to get to see Brother's Stankevich and Haleta, and their mothers.  Sister Stankevich was going to be baptized last saturday, but due to medical issues, she won't be able to be baptized soon.  Keep her in your prayers.  She sure could use it.  Also pray for Brother Haleta.  He's having a hard time as well.

I feel like my whole mission has been teaching me about how to minister.  No matter who you are in the church, we are called as ministers.  We seek out those in need, we strive to serve and to lift, and it's our privelage and blessing.  I've come to better understand the words of King Benjamin who said, "... I tell you these things that ye may learnwisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the serviceof your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."
​I'm not sure if it sounds cliche... but I really learned, in a deep and personal way, what it means to feel the Saviors love for me.  I discovered that love as I've been given these opportunities to serve the people who are around me in various ways.  I have seen that God loves them.  I in turn, can see that He loves me.
Perhaps I was never the best missionary.  Maybe I never learned Ukrainian the best out of all the other american missionaries... it's certain that I've had many struggles and doubts in my own capacaties.  I've learned that our self-confidence actually comes from confidence in our Master and in His work.  As I feel I have been on the Lord's errand, I have felt peace beyond what I've ever felt before.  I feel as though I finally recognize who I really am.  I'm a son of God.  He loves me.  He loves all of His children, and whats the best for them.

Our God, our Heavenly Father, has prepared a perfect plan for us, and His Perfect Son has prepared the way for us to accomplish our part of his plan.  We will find the most joy on this path, and on no other.  I will stay on this path that I've started.  I am excited to see where it takes me in this life, and to whom it will lead me.  It starts with going back to Khmelnitsky and working hard this next week, and it will end with an embrace from my Savior, and from my Heavenly father.  It will end in the warm arms of loved ones who have gone ahead.  

I can't wait to hear the words, 
"Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful..."

I thank you for your support for me during these 2 years.  
I love you.
I care for you.
All of you.

​Many of you, I'll see next week.

​Until we meet.

Elder LeBaron

















No comments:

Post a Comment