Sunday, March 23, 2014

Miracles My Friends, Miracles

Allo, family and friends!
Well, a whole lot of great things happened this last week, and I'm pretty excited about those people that we have the opportunity to work with this.  Ukraine has plenty of people who have been prepared by the Lord... the trick is finding them.
Or not...
We recieved a refferal from a woman, over the phone (randomly), to teach her 13 year old son the other day.  Bam.  Insta-investigator who is way cool.  We're pretty confident that he'll get all the way to baptism and onward with his attitude.  He reads the Book of Mormon! By himself!  At HOME!  Oh my goodness.  I can barely handle the miracle-ness!
We were walking down the street behind this man... who suddenly flipped himself around, looked at our name-tags, and spilled out his life story about how he had a problem and he needed Christ to help him fix it.  He wants to meet with us soon.  He asked for a Book of Mormon.  What?
We called someone out of our Area book... and he agreed to meet with us, at the church, and he accepted a baptismal date on the first lesson.  POW.  Not to mention that we had a ward member from Kiev there who spoke fluent Ukrainian to help us deliver the message of the restoration.  DOUBLE-POW!
Miracles my friends, miracles.
We also had ZONE CONFERENCE!!!  Whoooo!  It was way cool.  On thursday, we hopped on an автобус (a weird travel bus) which traveled into L'viv.  The road from Lutsk to L'viv is a mess.  It was so bumpy.  Elder Peterson got kind of car-sick.  I just fell asleep...  because there was nobody on the bus to talk to.
In L'viv, we had a couple hours to just go out and get something to eat, and take a look at the city.  What happened in our couple hours was pretty nuts;
First of all, Elder Peterson was DETERMINED to find the Souvenier рінок in L'viv.  We ate at McDonalds (MCDONALDS!  I ATE A CHEESEBURGER!)  on our way out... and we ended up not finding what we were looking for.  We found a this cool Greek food place - - this meant that we had to eat the cool greek food there.  It was a pita... filled with pork, cabbage, and french fries and some magical sauce.  What? I don't even know... but it was good.
As we were happily munching away on our spoils, we were met by a Ukrainian woman who was interested in talking about our foriegn-ness.  The situation rapidly changed (not for the better) when she declared that she was actually a Jehovah's Witness.  Oh man...
We exchanged numbers with her, committed her to pray about reading the Book of Mormon, and then kindly left her by walking off the opposite way.  
I loved zone conference!  There was just this magnificent spiritual uplift and a whole lot of loving missionaries were there to talk with.  I really just felt loved, appreciated, and united there.  It was great!
On the way back from L'viv, I ended up sitting next to this woman on the bus.  I was so pumped about missionary work, that I felt like I could just proselyte to the whole world -- which means I obviously I had to talk to this lady.  Only one problem... I don't speak Ukrainian very well.  
My Spirit brain thought better than my earth brain.  I just started talking with her.
She helped me practice my Ukrainian -- I shared a small part of the Restoration -- she took a Book of Mormon with the Sister's number in it.  
What does this mean?  It means that the Lord knows what we're capable of doing, and that He will only give us commandments that he knows we can fulfill.  Remember, He knows us, loves us, and wants to help us grow!  I love the Gospel, and I'm so glad that I have this chance to be out here serving the Lord.
I love you family!
I wish you the best, my friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment