Monday, October 6, 2014

Conferenced, RIGHT IN THE FACE.

Well, I'm pretty darn excited to let you all in on what happened this week.  
Hiya Family and Friends!

We, as you may have guessed, had a conference again!  Whooo!  We have mission conference usually not this often... but it turns out that one of the newest members of the First Quorum of Seventy wanted to come down to our mission and have a chat with all of us.  Something special about this man -- He's the former mission president of the Kiev Mission.  The L'viv mission used to be a part of the Kiev mission, but now is operating on it's own under a different president (President Lattin! [whoo!]).  Needless to say, between the handful of missionaries that used to be a part of his mission, and the reputation he has amongst the native missionaries, it was a pretty talked up conference.

This, my friends, is Elder Jorg Kelbingat.

He dropped a solid 3 ton weight on us.  He literally came in, held a leadership counsel with the zone and sister training leaders, and dug out every single weakness there is to be found in our mission.  Once he had that all done, we met with him in L'viv for an 8 hour mission conference.  He had us all sit down, and pulled out 19 factors of our missionary work which he had already discussed on the leader ship counsel.  He has us rate ourselves on a scale of 1-10 in each of them.  Then... it was crazy.
I have never seen the spirit being used in real time like that.  He was discerning thoughts of missionaries, directing conversations and comments, and he said almost every needful thing that there was to be said.  He left no stone unturned.  The Spirit of Truth was in ownership of the room.  
During the course of an 8 hour conference,  I did not once think, "Thank goodness he said that, I know some OTHER missionaries who could use some help with that...".  I was continually being smacked in the face with, "Aw man... that's completely for me... it's like he can read my soul!"

I even got a personal interview with him, which was one of the most interesting experiences in my life.  There's just something about someone who feeds off of truth...  it makes you hunger for more truth.  I'm pretty sure that man hasn't told a lie, accepted an excuse, or justified any unrighteous action for a good portion of his life in the church. It was open, it was clear, and it was direct.  I want nothing more than to be able to communicate in that manner always.  The spirit THRIVES in truth.  I know, because I was there, and I got consumed with spiritual affirmation of the things that he told me. 

He will be speaking in General Conference in October, so keep an eye out for him. 

On top of that, things are going really well here!  

The branch is recovering from some difficulties it was having (Our Branch President leaving to the East on command from the UA Army)

We saw a woman who contacted us the other day once more today, and she wants to come by the Church and learn more about us.  Elder Rubliuk is just so charming, I don't know how we don't have the entire city inviting us over for dinner ;)

I've recovered from some problems I was having with my ankle, and I just totally slaughtered the fever that I had the past couple days with some old world remedies, and the most important of all, a blessing from our awesome Zone Leaders.  Good times!  Also, I don't totally stink at basketball anymore (Playing in the rain sometimes makes sickness come around...)

Well, I love you all very much, and I'm praying for you!
Keep reading, praying, and loving everyone!
Share your favorite verse with someone you love!

D&C 107--
 40 The order of this priesthood was confirmed to be handed down from father to son, and rightly belongs to the literal descendants of the chosen seed, to whom the promises were made.
-- That one's for you, dad!​


Elder LeBaron

No comments:

Post a Comment