Monday, January 12, 2015

OH NO! Transfers

Not really though.  Because I get to stay :)

Hello everyone, from snowy, frosty, hot-chocolate weather L'viv!

Man, I love the winter.  It's great!  It's just like you would imagine when you think of Eastern Europe in the winter time.  Well, maybe some of you don't have much of an imagination of what that is.... maybe you do.  It's beautiful, to say the least.

And, to top off all of this beautiful weather, we also have so many holidays!  There are SO many things that people find to celebrate here!  I love that the members like to celebrate, because we love to have fun with them.  Ukraine is great, and I especially love the members here in L'viv.

We have the traditional Christmas Celebration on the 7th.  That means that we get to go with all of the Active members, and sing Carols to the Less-Active ones.  Pretty cool, huh?  The branch president here has really got his head on his shoulders.  I love the fact that we're doing missionary work with the members here.

I've got to learn a lot of fun traditional Ukrainian songs this past little bit.  It makes me pretty happy, considering how much I love singing.  Man, it just can't get any better...

OH, but it can!  
This next transfer, I'm getting a new companion named Elder Шнирьов (Shnyriov).  He's the beast-from-the-east, standing at bit over 2 1/2 meters, and hailing all the way from the land of the Odessa Oblast.  He's gonna help me rock this district next transfer.  I'm taking my companion, Elder Coumb's, place as district leader here, and my Zone Leader, Elder Asay, is coming up to become the new assistant with Elder Vandermark!  We also have 2 of the most righteous powerhouse sisters (Edwards and Snyder) of our whole mission serving here in L'viv, and because of them, we had 75 people at sacrament meeting!  That's pretty righteous people. 

L'viv can't even handle how great the Lord is going to make it here!
Our goal;  Make L'viv one big family by the time we're out of here.

We're having a rough spot with investigators again...
Volodymyr, our investigator with the smoking problem, is still missing and not answering his phone.  
Yevhen is off at some other church's Christian Camp... Bleen...
Anton doesn't want to meet until after Christmas... as well as all of our Potential buddies....

BUT!
We will get things rolling again soon!  The best part about being low, means that you've only got up to go! *GRIN*

Thank you all for your love and support.
If you could, be sure to pray for the health of our missionaries around the world, as I've seen many of my friends and love ones suffering from a lot of ailments and struggles physically and mentally.   Your prayers will mean a lot, especially when you pray with all of your heart!

We pray for you all the time!
I hope that you will all keep your New Years resolutions somewhere close, and think about them often.  If you forget them, you can forget about the success accomplishing them will bring! 

Ether 12: 27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them theirweakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble;and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and havefaith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

If we want to become strong, we have to make goals WITH the Lord, and then work work WORK, we'll become strong.

I know it.  I love it, and I'm trying every day to live it.

May the Lord Bless you,
Till' we meet (or I shoot you another email...)


ELDER LeBaron!

No comments:

Post a Comment