Monday, August 17, 2015

Welcome Home!

I'm back home everyone...
Back in L'viv.

These have been the weirdest transfers ever.   
So, for mission conference, we had everyone sit in the auditorium, and President announced the transfers, and everyone applauded and cheered and hugged and such.... which we've never done before.  That was a bit new.  Then, he announced my transfer, but I was sitting in the back translating, and my companion was conducting the conference, so we just nodded at each other, smiled, and sat back down. 

I'm with Elder Salamatin, who is a really fun guy from Odessa.  He has one transfer left, and he's helping me get a hold of all the ropes here in L'viv. A lot has changed since I left!

I didn't have much time to do anything here, because I had to go back and run the branch in Chernivtsi this Sunday.  President Hawkins had to go home because of some health issues in the family, and so it left the branch without a president.... only with a first and second counselor.  So... I took the 6 hour train ride down on saturday, and 6 hours back on Sunday afternoon. The members were all doing good, and it was great to see all of their faces!  I love that city so much.  It's one of my favorites that I've served in.  Elder Lemons came with me, and he was glad to have a chance to come back.  He'd served there for at least 4 transfers, inclusive of his training, and he was happy to be around for that as well.

I feel kind of weird about being back here.  Everything seems so familiar and so different at the same time!  Maybe it's also strange because I was told that this is probably where I'm going to finish off the mission.  A little strange to hear that.  I still feel really young.  Probably because I am. I'm going to be 20 in few weeks, can you believe that?

I can't.

Hopefully I get in touch with our investigators soon and there will be more stories about things that are really important... but you'll probably have to wait till next week, because there's been really little time in our area for me to be able to tell you any fun stories.  

I know this Church is true, and I know the Gospel is God's plan for all of us to be happy.  I love you all!  I hope that this letter finds you all well.  Please, take care, and enjoy your week.  Read your scriptures, pray, and get yourselves to church!  Most importantly, use all of this to feel the joy and love that Heavenly has for each of us.  Use the gospel, don't just read and say it.  It'll put a smile on your face, and a song in your heart!!


--Elder LeBaron

  

-- 
​ ( Pictures: District Sweater Night in Chernivtsi (going through old clothes together), Pizza with our new convert bud, Kolya,  my companion Elder Salamatin).


-- Старійшина ЛеБерон





No comments:

Post a Comment