Thursday, November 19, 2015

Хмельницький!

Woo hoo!
I'm finally in my new area -- Khmelnitsky.

You know, I don't think I could have picked a better last transfer for myself.  President Rizley sure was listening to the spirit.  I've been sent to a nice quiet town in a trio with a missionary who is learning how to be a new district leader, and I'm training a brand new missionary from Crimea!  It's really just the best situation.

Well, I've only been in town for a day and a half, but we have a potential meeting on tuesday with a new fellow, apparantly some potential in our english classes that still has yet to be tapped.  We have english TWICE A WEEK in this city!  How cool is that!?  I've always loved teaching english, because it brings so many people into our meeting places, and gives us a great opportunity to teach them about the gospel in a way that allows us to give them a church tour and everything!

Oh, but here's something straight up awesome about our church building--
It's on the second story of a stairwell in a complex where we have a lot of different businesses... and if you ascend up the stairs, you go to our church... and if you descend down the stairs, you go to a poorly lit bar.  

Ha.  Irony.  I almost cried laughing about that when we showed up on sunday.  The gospel is true, people.

Anywho, I'm having lots of fun with my two companions.  Elder Lemons is an old friend from my Chernivtsi and L'viv districts.  We've always gotten along pretty well.
Elder Hryshanov is a fireball, and has a very sturdy work ethic.  I'm very glad that we've got such a solid team.  There's definitely a whole lot of work that needs to get done in this branch!

Our Branch President is SO solid.  I really like that man.  We're going over to his house tonight for Family Home Evening, and it's going to be great!

I don't have much else to report, besides this;

I LOVE my mission! And I love my Heavenly Father even more.  I'm so glad that the Gospel was restored, and that all these people that I've come to love can be blessed with things of eternal value.  I'm grateful for a beautiful world that was created for all of us.  I know that Jesus Christ is our savior.  He atoned for us, and because he did, we all have the opportunity to break out of the pains that this world can trap us in, and become free and happy.   I know families are forever.  I know that for sure!

Remember.  There's nothing more important than being a good example of the believers.  Let's do everything in our power to bless the lives of those around us.  It's what Christ's people should do. 

 "Have they not read the scriptures, which say ye must take upon you the name of Christ, which is my name? For by this name shall ye be called at the last day... And whoso taketh upon him my name, and endureth to the end, the same shall be saved at thelast day."  -- 3 Nephi 27:5-6

Elder LeBaron

Pictures
With Elder Tikhomyrov in the sunset
Saying goodbye with the assistants 
All my planners from my mission -1
District from L'viv
Getting into Khmelnitsky late






No comments:

Post a Comment