Thursday, November 19, 2015

Transferred

They're shipping me out of here.

It's obviously a mix of feelings for any missionary to get transferred.  I already knew that this was going to happen, so I figured that it wouldn't be that hard.
I was wrong.
Bearing my testimony at church yesterday was one of the most difficult things I've done in a long time.  
I really love this city.
Aren't all of these transfer emails the exact same though?
It's never easy... and then you fall in love with the next place you go.  It'll all be good.

The one thing that's kind of difficult about it is that I'm only going to be in the next city I'm going to for 6 weeks.  I'm also going to be training -- in a trio.  I'll be training a new missionary from Crimea, Elder Hryshanov, and Elder Lemons is going to get a 6 week leadership training program on how to be a stellar district leader!  I'm so excited-  I get to do the things I love most for 6 straight weeks without distractions!  Isn't life the best?  So much to smile about!!
 That means that I've got to go out sprinting.  Luckily, that fits right into my personal goals!  Isn't the gospel great like that?

This week, we had exchanges with our Zone Leaders and our District Leader.  I went with Elder Shnyriov (my old companion who became a zone leader) and Elder Hunt (the only other elder trained by my trainer, Elder Peterson!)
It was a good, productive week!  I felt like we worked pretty hard.  There's always room for improvement, but it was a pretty satisfying week.

I learned a lot about two things:  Kindness, and Patience.  Not because the missionaries are hard to work with, or because anything went wrong... actually, the exact opposite.  I saw how these missionaries, in spite of difficult circumstances, exhibited these characteristics, and I was very impressed by their examples.  I've still got a lot I can learn from such great people.

I've been thinking lately about the decisions we make in this life.

The lines from "Have I done any good in the world today?"  always hangs on the back of my mind:

Have I done any good in the world today?
Have I helped anyone in need?
Have I cheered up the sad and made someone feel glad?
If not, I have failed indeed.
Has anyone’s burden been lighter today
Because I was willing to share?
Have the sick and the weary been helped on their way?
When they needed my help was I there?

These are the questions that I ask myself frequently throughout the day now.  I'm kind of looking at them as my: "What are you REALLY doing" questions.  After I've reflected, and feel pumped up, I sing the chorus in my head:

Then wake up and do something more
Than dream of your mansion above.
Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure,
A blessing of duty and love.

Isn't it so great that the way we find the greatest joy in this life is through helping other people?  We are happy because we make others happy.  I can't believe it too me traveling to the other side of the world and being away from home for almost 2 years to get that!

Missions are the best.  You learn so much.  I think I'm going to just stay on mine forever, even if they take my tag off! :)

And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom ; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God. Mosiah 2-17

I hope your days are filled with service and joy this week!
It's the fastest way to improve your life.. at least, that's how it worked for me so far.

I wish you all a great week! have fun, and make all the best choices!


here's the bad news about my email....
I forgot my camera today.

Sorry!  I might send pictures later in the day If I get the chance!
Love you all!

Elder LeBaron













No comments:

Post a Comment