Monday, December 8, 2014

Clever Title.

Okay, So this week has been pretty much super rainy and boring and I don't have a whole lot of stories to relate to you all....

Basically, we've been having the usual problem with finding new people to teach, so I've finally just started tearing through every surviving suggestion that exists for finding.   What have I fallen across?  BEHOLD!  FAMILY HISTORY!  You know, I've always loved family history, but I've never really thought of using it in Missionary work.  Luckily, I've got some chances now to try and share it with the people all around me.  How have I started?

I plowed through (it's funny, because most of them were farmers)  all of the stories that Grandpa LeBaron gave me about my great grandparents!  It was probably the most enjoyable study time that I've had on my mission.  Well, one of the most enjoyable.  Anywho, I read them all, and then I pulled out lessons that can be learned from each of their lives.  I'm learning a lot.  And I'm memorizing critical stories that changed them for the better.  I plan on using these stories to tell people and get them interested in finding out about their own family members!
I gave a talk yesterday in the branch where I just went on a 15 minute rant about HOW AWESOME IT IS TO READ ABOUT

YOUR FAMILY!  I encouraged all of the members to get to work on these awesome little family history work books that the church has produced for the members, which helps them get real stories about their ancestors all the way back to at least 4 generations.
I'm trying to invite ALL THE PEOPLES to learn about Familysearch.org.  Everyone should be a part of this jazz.

Well, that's about all I've got.

Brush your teeth, and don't too much greek food in that little pavilion in L'viv.
Does bad things to you.

Love you all a whole lot!


Elder LeBaron

No comments:

Post a Comment