Wednesday, October 14, 2015

CONFERENCES ARE THE BEST

I don't know how to explain how much I love conference.  
It's not possible with words.

First of all, I will begin ponderizing.
I'm sold.

I had the most incredible stream of revelation pounding my brain the entire time.   I love our new apostles!  I love our Prophet!  I love those examples of real faith coupled with action prompted by a loving Heavenly Father through the Holy Ghost.  Could you feel the intensity with which President Monson spoke?  Did you see how determined he was to get the message to us, no matter what it took.  I thought of so many examples of Prophets of old who, despite their physical fatigue, strove to do everything possible to deliver the message that God had for His children.

I was deeply touched by two other the talks especially--
Elder Nelson's talk on the divine role of women in the church just completely shook me.  I sat there and realized something.  If it weren't for my mother, my sisters, my friends (who are girls), and the great example of the sister missionaries around whom I served,  I don't know if I would have 1) Left on a mission and 2) Stayed on a mission.  Maybe those two points don't seem that significant to you, but one needs to understand that these almost Two years have been the most influential in shaping my character out of any other given years in my life.  Because of those good influences of righteous women, I'm where I am now.  I understood something else from this -- It's almost the same story for every male in this church.  I felt a sense of righteous pride swell in my heart when I thought of the quality of women in the Church.   It's incredible.  So, I came to a better understanding of the value of the opposite gender.  It's about time that I got that one through my thick skull, I suppose.  Thank you Elder Nelson!  And a deep personal thank you from me, to all of the young women who have helped me in my life to get where I am. 

Next, I was obviously impacted by Elder Holland's talk.  Who didn't feel that one rock their soul?  Mom, I love you.  
I wish that I could explain more about the impact of that talk on me without getting too emotional, but shorter explained,  I have felt more support from my Mother on my mission than from almost anyone else... and it all came to a cumulative emotional jab when I listened to this talk.
Thank you Elder Holland.  Thank you, Mom!

Our mission conference also went very well!
I taught about being good leaders, and good disciples.
My companion spoke about planning and how to have a good relationship with your companion.  
Elder Sichkarenko taught about charity, and how we can develope it more as missionaries.
President Rizley spoke about unleashing the truly powerful missionary inside each and every one of us.  It was a rock-solid day of testimonies, teaching, training, and inspiration.

Being a missionary is the best thing I was ever given the gift of doing.  I wish I was better at it,  but that will still come with time.  

I know, that this Church is the church of God, and that anyone can find joy in living by the principles which are taught here.  I know that through keeping our covenants, we can become what Heavenly Father is striving to create us into -- which is the happiest, greatest, and most glorious version of who we are.  I love my Savior, and I'm more than thankful for his sacrifice.  I need to be better at repenting, but my heart is filled with thanks, knowing that I can change.  I know that the Priesthood has been restored, and if you need evidence of that, look to the incredible leaders of this church.  I know that our Apostles and Prophets are chosen by God.  I know it!

I love you all so much!
I'm thankful for your prayers on our behalf.
They're felt, no matter how far away you may be.

Have a great week!
Get ready for your next sacrament!

Pictures:
Game night shenanigans
Set up for conference
IT'S SNOWING!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment