Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Good Week

It was a good week.
and a weird week.

Moment of shame:  I kicked an old lady.  We were coming home from a long day, and we have a big metal door that leads into our apartment stair well.  You need a little magnetic key to open it.  Well, my companion put the key in, and I thought I would be funny and police kick the door in after the magnet gave out.... and there was a little old lady on the other side of the door.  Luckily, I didn't kick it too hard.  She was still standing, and forgave me.  But man... that's embarrassing.  Oh be wise...

We're are getting ready for our AWESOME mission conference on thursday!  It's going to be really inspiring, and I'm super excited about it.  We've finally changed it up, since half of our missionaries are native Ukrainians, my companion is going to teach in his native language, and I'm going to be the only missionary teaching in english this time around.  That's going to be very cool to see everyone taking part in their native language!  It's going to be awesome.  It also means that my companion and I are going to have to run back and forth to do the translating.  This is going to be a blast!

This week was good!
Our miracle investigator Erlan didn't make it to church, unfortunately.  He's socially not very open, and so we've had a hard time getting him to come to any group... anything.  Finally, we invited him to sports day with the promise that we would play soccer.  He came, and played as goalie... you know, the position AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE FROM EVERYONE ELSE.  Well, after awhile, something happened.  The prayers for him to feel comfortable with members of the church worked out, because he says, "Hey, Elder LeBaron, switch me out."  And he ran out and started playing!  The members made great friends with him, and how we have a much more solid base to work on.  I'm excited about the direction things are taking with him.  With time, more and more miracles will begin to happen.

Andrew... andrew.  He's been kind of flaky on us.  He has two very demanding priorities -- a job, and a girlfriend.  Meetings with him are really great, and the spirit is there whenever we talk about the church and about the gospel, but he's always busy!  We've just got to keep being patient, inviting him to everything, and making every moment with him quality.  The more he feels the spirit, the more he's going to want to come back.  We're glad that we're working with him right now.

Other than that, we're just living the dream.
It's a great thing to be serving in this mission.  I'm so glad the Lord lead me to where I am today.  The Lord will always work with us so that we can become what will make us the happiest.  

A long time ago, a friend of mine taught me the parable of the currant bush.  I think that I finally get what that means.  Took long enough, right?

Well, you all have a good week!

​Pictures:
We visited an old lady in the branch.  She fed us so much food.  We bless the sacrament, and then had a photo-session with her.
I stole all of the nametags at MCM.  Awwww buddy.
We helped a member who had an operation at the hospital.
​We're inviting EVERYONE to conference!








No comments:

Post a Comment