Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Consider the Lilies

I feel like I've spent long enough starin' at them... and despite how many times I've seen it all happen... I still have a hard time understanding how it all works.
You know,  no matter how hard we work, no matter what uncomfortable thing we do in order to sacrifice for the work,  I'm always led back to this one fact -- That nothing works out until God decides that he's ready for it.  And He just drops it on us like a gift out of NOWHERE.  

What inspired the thought?  Just yesterday, I was mourning over the fact that we are still going along without any investigators, still battling between all of the different callings and responsibilities, still pushing on through what seems to be never-ending monotony... a routine of it...and yet, suddenly, miracles have literally just burst out of the horizon.  

Conference was a huge inspiration.  I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I'm going to be focusing on how to feel that music.  I planned to dance for the rest of my life, and I'm now more certain than ever that it's only going to be enjoyable once I get on the right signal.  It's a process, but it's an enlightening one.

I've been given the chance to lead the Temple Preparation lessons in the branch.  I LOVE those lessons.  I've done them more times on my mission than, in our companionships, we've had baptisms.  Now, I get to work with some of the most faithful new-converts in helping them make the next step.  I've been happy to say that in some way, as of late,  I've been given a chance to help others come unto Christ.

We went to a member's house last night to give her little son a blessing for his hurt leg.  As I sat, and listened to little 3 year old Misha explain his deep love for vacuum cleaners (interesting little kid), I felt so blessed to have been invited to such a humble home, to give a blessing to such an innocent little child.  When we pulled out the oil canister, he said, "Hey!  They brought their flashlight!"  I'm not sure what he meant by that.  It was something that made his mother smile pretty brightly though.  It made me think about how the gospel principle of restored priesthood is such a bright light in each and every one of our lives.  Elders, Did you leave home with a flashlight today?  :)

We've seen people interested in having us over to give spiritual thoughts in their homes, and many people would like us to come and provide service at their homes as the spring months are in full bloom.  It's excellent!  Things are starting to pick up.

Though it's still a bud,  I'm sure that our service in this city is going to bloom and be just incredible.

So, the lilies will grow.  The Lord will do His work.  We are blessed to be a part of it.

My testimony is this --  That God will take care of us.  We just need to do our best to reach up and catch the Saviors ever extended hand.  I'm a witness of this, and many more miracles.  I wish the same for you.

Have a great week!

Elder LeBaron

-- 
​Pictures: When I was in L'viv, our district.  Our district in Chernivtsi last transfer.

-- Старійшина ЛеБерон



No comments:

Post a Comment